Greater MN Gas (GMG) Senior Technician (Southern Region) Jim Mosher accepts an award from the American Gas Association for safe practices. GMG strives to make safe practices in all areas of its business. We strive to make it a way of life as we work because if we do not, it could be the difference between life and death. We strive to keep ourselves safe along with you. Safety is a top priority. And you can help too. We all want to get home safely at the end of the day.
The following tips will allow us to serve a safe, reliable fuel source to your home for many years to come:
- Natural gas has an odorant called Mercaptan added to it, giving it an odor of rotten eggs. If you smell this, call GMG at (888) 931-3411 24 hours a day and the technician will make the situation safe at no cost to you.
- You must call Gopher State One Call at 811 prior to digging in your yard to have your underground utilities marked.
- Ensure that your carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms are working by testing monthly and changing the batteries twice a year. (Daylight savings is a great time!)
- Keep the area around your furnace and water heater free from boxes, rags, chemicals, gasoline, and paint cans.
- Never use a stove or range as a heat source. If you are struggling to properly heat your home, call GMG at (888) 931-3411. We can help.