Senior Technician from our Central region, Chad Johnson, accepted an award on behalf of Greater MN Gas at the 2022 American Gas Association (AGA) conference in New Orleans, Louisiana in early May of 2022. The conference includes events to recognize natural gas utility employees for their contributions to safe operations and natural gas companies that have achieved high levels of employee and vehicular safety. Greater MN Gas has been awarded Safety Achievement Award for its outstanding commitment to employee and vehicular safety in 2021.
This conference is also the industry’s premier gathering of natural gas utility and transmission company operators across North America. The 2022 American Gas Association Operations Conference brings the natural gas industry together to share technical knowledge, ideas, and practices to promote the safe, reliable, and cost-effective delivery of natural gas at a time when American natural gas is more essential to America and the world than ever before.
In the natural gas industry, being recognized for safe operating practices is the highest form of praise a company can receive. At GMG, safety is at the forefront of our minds every day. Our technicians share the road with you, respond to gas leaks, and ensure that our underground pipelines are marked correctly when you call 811. In the event of an emergency, our technicians are available to respond no matter the day or time.
Our customers play a large role in helping us to operate safely. The following tips will allow us to serve a safe, reliable fuel source to your home for many years to come:
- Natural gas has an odorant called Mercaptan added to it, giving it an odor of rotten eggs. If you smell this, call GMG at (888) 931-3411 24 hours a day and the technician will make the situation safe at no cost to you.
- You must call Gopher State One Call at 811 prior to digging in your yard to have your underground utilities marked.
- Ensure that your carbon monoxide detectors and smoke alarms are working by testing monthly and changing the batteries twice a year. (Daylight savings is a great time!)
- Keep the area around your furnace and water heater free from boxes, rags, chemicals, gasoline, and paint cans.
- Never use a stove or range as a heat source. If you are struggling to properly heat your home, call GMG at (888) 931-3411. We can help.